Wednesday 10 May 2017

The Ancients: Katherine Swynford 1350-1403

When I wrote about my Plantagenet 19th great grandfather John of Gaunt here, I mentioned that I am fascinated by the story of his three wives, Katherine Swynford.

On this day in 1403, my 19th great grandmother, Katherine de Roet Swynford, died in Lincoln. Much has been written about Katherine, but I especially like this 2015 post on the blog History...the Interesting Bits! by Sharon Bennett Connolly.

I enjoy reading Sharon's blog. It's always interesting and fun. I especially love Sharon's title of her post about my ancestor: Katherine Swynford, Duchess of Scandal.

The never ending story continues.....


© Margaret Dougherty 2016-2017 All rights reserved

About the Family of Robert Young and Isabella Knox

I wrote about my great grandfather, Robert Alexander Young , here . Now it's time to write about the family he and my great grandmother...