Tuesday 10 January 2017

The Ancients -- Britain's Royal Families

Another favourite go-to resource for me is Alison Weir's magnificent book, Britain's Royal Families, the complete genealogy. I thumb through it from time to time, and my eyes always find a new entry that I haven't read before. First published in 1989, this is a very handy resource.

One of the many things on my genealogy to-do list is to go through this book and annotate my relationship to many of the people listed, next to their entry. That would take so much time. Sigh.

Alison Weir is one of the world's foremost British royal historian and authors, with many titles to her credit. Whenever I read one of her books, I'm reminded of my stated ambition in my high school graduation year book biography: to be a historian. You can read more about Alison here.

The never ending story continues....


© Margaret Dougherty 2016-2017 All rights reserved

About the Family of Robert Young and Isabella Knox

I wrote about my great grandfather, Robert Alexander Young , here . Now it's time to write about the family he and my great grandmother...