Wednesday 3 August 2016

Talking about Granby ....

It occurred to me that some readers may want to know more about Granby. 

During my research, I came across this charming description of Granby in the 1876 Directory of St Johns, West Farnham, Granby, West Shefford, Waterloo, Roxton Falls, etc. The village had everything, including local government, a Temperance Society, Masonic Lodge, a fire brigade and four churches (Anglican, Baptist, Congregational), Methodist and Roman Catholic) and a newspaper. 

For more about Granby, the Canadian Encylopedia has this entry.

The never ending story continues...

About the Family of Robert Young and Isabella Knox

I wrote about my great grandfather, Robert Alexander Young , here . Now it's time to write about the family he and my great grandmother...